The annual meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America will be held this year in San Diego, California from January 3-6th. We will be presenting some of our summer fieldwork in the poster session on Friday, January 4th from 10:45 am to 12:45 pm. A number of our team members are also giving presentations on their other research too. Here’s our line-up:
- Integrating Multi-Scalar Remote Sensing and Pedestrian Survey: Results from the 2018 Season of the Sinis Archaeological Project (poster by Jessica Nowlin, Linda Gosner, Alex Smith, and Dan Plekhov)
- Green Petra Revisited: The Brown University Petra Terraces Archaeological Project (paper by Evan Levine and Dan Plekhov, Session 5B, 10:45-12:45)
- The Lure of the Mines: Mining, Labor, and Local Industries in Carthago Nova (Cartagena, Spain) (paper by Linda Gosner on Friday, Session 6B, 1:45-4:45)
- Roman Conquest and Balearic Persistence: Ibizan Ceramic Production and Distribution into the Imperial Period (paper by Alex Smith on Friday, Session 6B, 1:45-4:45)
- Mining Matters: Cross-Regional Research and Ancient Connectivity in the Mining Landscapes of Roman Iberia (paper by Linda Gosner, Session 7F, 8-11)
For more information, check out the full program here.